EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE AT THE CLAIBORNE HOUSE
Some Features to enjoy at The Claiborne House:
- All rooms are comfortable and decorated elegantly with antiques
- All rooms with Private Baths
- All rooms have Central air conditioning/heat and ceiling fans (except the Wash House Cottage which has its own HVAC unit)
- All rooms have Cable TV
- Guest fridge with complimentary sodas, guest microwave and kettle, hot drinks
- We are a Non Smoking Inn – Smoking outdoors on grounds/near ponds only please
- Compliments of the house for reservations made on our website –HOME-COOKED Breakfast in the dining room (Addtl charge of $10 for inn-room breakfast, delivered to your door in Sierra Suite and Wash House Cottage Only) If you have used a third party system like booking.com or priceline.com you can add on breakfast for $10 per person per day.
- Free Wireless Internet access throughout – even on the porch!
- Ample Off-street paved private parking (directly behind the Inn)
- Lovely Gardens with blooms in season complete with 3 level ponds and fountains for relaxing
- Allow for some relaxation time on our 130′ wrap around porch
- Games Cupboard in Guest Parlor for space to relax, visit, read a book or savor your coffee!
- Enjoy our quiet, clean and friendly small southern town. We are not on a busy street, wake up to fresh coffee and mockingbirds, not traffic!
- Excellent location for exploring SW Virginia. Just a short drive to Smith Mountain Lake and – The Blue Ridge Parkway. Hiking, Boating, Antiquing, Music events, Historical Sites.
- Walk to the Bootleggers Cafe or to our corner to El Rio Mexican Grill for a Corona or Margarita and Mexican Food.
- Walk just 3 blocks to our local movie theater
- Walk just 3 blocks to The Harvester Performance Center for live music
- Open Year Round – availability calendar is always up to date
- Keyless Entry (to come and go at your leisure)
- Business guests – ask us about flexibility (early breakfast times), walk to restaurants, centrally located
- Visit our Policies page for specifics regarding kids, pets, smoking etc.
- See our quirky blog “Claiborne House Coffee Talk” for more info bits and pieces and photos of the inn.
~WE’RE NOT GRANNY’S HOUSE – FEEL FREE TO COME AND GO AT YOUR LEISURE~