Please read our policies before making your reservation
- Check-in: Our inn opens at 4:00 PM and you may check-in between 4-6 PM. We are very flexible for late-check-ins, if arriving after 6pm there will be self check-in arrangements. Self check-ins are not a problem, we want you to arrive safely. Sorry no early check-ins.
- Check-out: 11:00am.
- Breakfast: A delicious home-cooked breakfast is complimentary, and included with your room reservation. Additional Breakfast Guest – $10 (plus applicable taxes), let us know the evening prior please. “Red Hot Lover’s Breakfast delivered to The Wash House Cottage and the Sierra Suite only, and incurs an additional $10 fee.
- Reservation Policies: We accept most credit cards and cash. 10% tax applies per night. Rooms are guaranteed with an advance deposit equal to 1 night stay held by credit card. If you have a Claiborne House gift certificate please call and give us the details for prior approval – we do not third party gift cards (this includes BedandBreakfast.com gift cards). When you reserve a room with us, you have agreed to pay the rate quoted and the number of days you have reserved.
- Cancellation Policies: Your deposit is refundable, providing notice of cancellation is received at least seven (7) days prior to arrival date less a $10 booking fee. Notification must be made by telephone. Reservations made less than seven (7) days prior to arrival are non-refundable. Less than 24 hours notice or No Shows are charged full amount of stay. Early departure falls within the cancellation policy. No Refunds due to rain or snow or inclement weather unless our roads are un-drivable (we are not responsible for the weather). If you have booked 3 or more rooms there is a 30 day cancellation period and a 10% deposit. Changing dates falls within the cancellation policy.
- Prepaid Packages: Must be paid in full at time of booking. No refunds on ticket prices. Regular Cancellation policies apply. Not combined with other specials or discounts. (This includes February is for Lovers Pkg)
- Minimum Stay: Typically no minimum stay period except a 2 night minimum on special event weekends like graduations, Holidays, Race Weekends, and October Weekends. Race Weekends are twice per year and incur higher rates, reservation online will show current rate. Tax is 10%.
- Children: In consideration of our other guests, children 14 and older are most welcome with a well behaved parent. Babes in arms welcome to stay in Cottage with Mommy. Our Rooms are designed for two people, sorry but we do not have roll-away beds. The Sierra Suite and The Cascade Room can accommodate a third person on the sofa bed for an additional charge.
- Pets: We do not accept pets (Pet Lodging nearby that even takes online reservations – but not humans). The B&B is home as well to one shy but sweet dog Junie B Jones who you may meet outside. We are not responsible for neighborhood cats who come onto the porch to say “Hey Y’all!” If a pet is found in your room there will be a $300 charge (Oh yeah can you tell it has happened recently?!)
- Smoking: We are a NON-SMOKING Inn. If you decide to smoke in the room, you will be charged a $500 fee to clean and air the room. If you smoke, feel free to do so near our ponds. Thank you for respecting our home.
- Late Check Out : Check out is 11am. Late check-outs will incur a $50 fee.
- Guest Areas: Rooms are for Registered Guests only. This is for guest safety.
- Functions: We do not host functions at the inn, we are strictly for Bed and Breakfast guests only.
FALL IN LOVE WITH VIRGINIA
Claiborne House is a (NWF) Certified Wildlife Habitat – learn more here