Please read our policies and innformation before making your reservation. Yeah this is the fine print part, but probably answers most of your questions…
- Check-in: Our inn opens at 4:00 PM and you may check-in between 4-6 PM. We are very flexible for late-check-ins, if arriving after 6pm there will be self check-in arrangements – no worries! Self check-ins are not a problem, we want you to arrive safely and enjoy the journey as much as the destination. Sorry but we cannot accommodate early check-ins. Sorry we cannot accommodate early check-ins.
- Check-out: 10:00 to 11:00am. Anything past 11:00am and you will don a cleaning apron and be put to work.
- Breakfast: A delicious home-cooked breakfast is complimentary and included with your room reservation. (Yes I said delicious, I should know I have the “freshman 15” to prove it, er more like “innkeeper 30” but remember the saying “Never Trust A Skinny Cook”) For a romantic breakfast for just the two of you we offer the “Red Hot Lover’s Breakfast” delivered to The Wash House Cottage and the Sierra Suite only, and incurs an additional $10 delivery fee. We serve breakfast between 8AM and 9AM and can make adjustments for you if given notice in advance.
- Reservation Policies: We accept all credit cards and cash. We don’t accept checks or play with bumble bees. 10.3% tax applies per night (the whole rendering to Caesar bit). Rooms are guaranteed with an advance deposit equal to 1 night stay held by credit card. If you have a Claiborne House gift certificate please call and give us the details for prior approval – we do not accept third party gift cards (this includes BedandBreakfast.com gift cards). When you reserve a room with us, you have agreed to pay the rate quoted and the number of days you have reserved.
- Cancellation Policies: Yes, you can cancel if you need to! Providing notice of cancellation is received at least seven (7) days prior to arrival date less a $10 booking fee. Notification must be made by telephone. Reservations made less than seven (7) days prior to arrival are non-refundable. Less than 24 hours’ notice or No Shows are charged full amount of stay. Early departure falls within the cancellation policy. No Refunds due to rain or snow or inclement weather unless our roads are un-drivable (we are not responsible for the weather, there is someone you can talk to about that 1-800-PRAY). If you have booked 3 or more rooms there is a 30 day cancellation period and a 10% deposit. Changing dates falls within the cancellation policy.
- Prepaid Packages: Must be paid in full at time of booking via Credit Card. Regular Cancellation policies apply. Not combined with other specials or discounts.
- Lowest Rate Guarantee: If you make your reservation from our website using reservationkey.com you are guaranteed the lowest rate with if you redeem your $10 book online discount!
- Minimum Stay: Typically no minimum stay period except a 2 night minimum on special event weekends like graduations, Holidays, Race Weekends, and All October Weekends. Online reservation system will show you minimum stay requirements, if any apply.
- Open Thursdays through Sundays Only: We are only accepting reservations for stays on Thursdays through Sundays only. So reserve your room, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday online here.
- Children: In consideration of our other guests (and yes everyone’s kids are little darlings) children 14 and older are most welcome with a well behaved parent. Babes in arms welcome to stay in Cottage with Mommy. Our Rooms are designed for two people, sorry but we do not have roll-away beds. The Sierra Suite can accommodate a third person on the sofa bed for an additional charge of $35 per night. Children are required to hang out with Mom or Dad, not roam about the inn on their own or they will be put to work!
- Pets: We do not accept pets (Pet Lodging nearby that even takes online reservations – but not humans). The B&B is home as well to one shy but sweet dog Junie B Jones who you may meet outside. One cat Miss Maybelle, who lives in our owner’s quarters only. We tell you this in case you have allergies, as we are a family who loves their pets. But we are not responsible for neighborhood cats that come onto the porch to say “Hey Y’all!” If a pet is found in your room there will be a $300 charge (can you tell this has happened? Yes a dog locked in a room tore up a bathroom door in which it was confined while guests sat at the breakfast table). But for some good news read about Junie’s Gift (find out more here). Would you believe people still sneak a dog into their room after all this? Would you believe they are still calling and pleading to allow their dog to stay with them? No, we don’t make this stuff up.
- Smoking: We are a NON-SMOKING Inn. If you decide to smoke inside, you will be charged a $2500 fee to clean and air the room(s) so it just isn’t worth it is it? If you do enjoy a smoke, feel free to do so near our ponds or private patio if you have reserved the Wash House Cottage. Vaporizers and eCigs are a great smoke free alternative. Thank you for respecting our home. As of right now, tobacco is the only smoking allowed in the Commonwealth of Virginia, so if you are here from Colorado or Washington State where you can legally smoke something else, you can still be arrested in Virginia.
- Late Check Out: Check out is 11am. You may arrange an hour late check-out for a $50 fee, if you stay til 3pm you will be charged an additional night room rate. (We have to say this as sometimes folks enjoy their stay and just don’t want to leave, there is nothing wrong with that of course). If you want a late check out and we can accommodate that for this fee, let us know.
- Guest Areas: Rooms are for Registered Guests only. This is for guest privacy and safety.
- We Do Not Host Functions: Sorry but we do not host functions at the inn, we are a bed and breakfast only.
- Thank You: We appreciate your supporting small family-owned American businesses. We look forward to serving you here at The Claiborne House B&B.
SO, WHAT DO YOU THINK, IS IT TIME FOR A BLUE RIDGE DAY Y’ALL?
OFF STREET PARKING FOR OUR GUESTS
No whales or other living things were harmed in the making of this site