Area Music Events
Rocky Mount is the starting point for the The Crooked Road: Virginia’s Heritage Music Trail
Listen to The Old Crooked Trail by The Bluegrass Brothers here
THE VIOLIN SINGS BUT THE FIDDLE DANCES
MAKE MUSICAL MEMORIES HEADING EAST ON THE CROOKED ROAD – CLICK HERE FOR A RECOMMENDED ITINERARY!
Franklin County’s Crooked Road Weekly Calendar
- Monday – 77 Restaurant is in Ferrum on Timberland Rd off Rt 40 West. Jam Session from 7-9pm. No admission charge.
- Tuesday – J&J Hall is on Rt 116 one mile off Rt 122 at Burnt Chimney. The Blue Spruce Band performs 7-830pm. Band featuring ‘sit-in musicians’ from 9-10pm. Admission $5 includes meal. Mixed musical styles.
- Wednesday – Green Acres Bluegrass, local jam in Rocky Mount featuring Johnathon Dillon – 504 Wrays Chapel Rd. Route 40 East to Route 122, take first right to large cinder block building. Look for sign. from 6-9pm, bring a chair. No Admission Charge.
- Thursday – Dairy Queen on Rt 40 West in Rocky Mount. Bands/Jam sessions perform from 9-10am. Other musicians welcome to participate. No Admission Charge. DQ has some great biscuits N gravy too! Sept to May.
- Thursday – Waidsboro Ruritan Club just off Rt 40 West on Ruritan Rd. Jam sessions first and third Thursdays from 7-930pm. No Admission Charge.
- Thursday – Dairy Queen on Rt 40 West in Rocky Mount has 30 minute jam sessions from 6 – 9pm on the 2nd & 4th Thurs of the month.
- Friday – J&J Hall is on Rt 116 one mile off Rt 122 at Burnt Chimney. The Blue Spruce Band performs 7-830pm. Band featuring ‘sit-in musicians’ from 9-10pm. Admission $5 includes meal.
- Friday – The Depot Rocky Mount’s Community & Hospitality Center is located on Franklin St (one block from The Claiborne House B&B). Footlights of the Blue Ridge is held once a month from 7-9pm. Admission charge is $5-7 by donation. Spring and summer months held at our Farmer’s Market. Just two blocks downtown from us. Keep an eye on our blog for updates!
- Friday – Crossroads Ruritan Club is off Rt 40 West, about five miles west of Ferrum on Dry Hill Road and is held 7:00pm the 2nd Friday of the month. No Admission Charge.
- Saturday - Redwood Community Club is on Rt 40 East at Redwood. Live country and bluegrass music and dancing every Saturday night (just 4 miles from The Claiborne House). We can give y’all directions!
*Note – this calendar is provided for your innformation, hours/days were correct at time of posting, please double check before attending.
Harvester Performance Center will be opening just down the street in the Spring of 2014!
For Crooked Road Getaway Packages click here
Listen to award winning Lonesome River Band (from Franklin County) Are You Ashamed to Call Me Darlin’
“JOE WILSON SLEPT HERE” Read the write up on The Claiborne House in “A Guide to the Crooked Road: Virginia’s Heritage Music Trail” by Joe Wilson:
“The Claiborne House is a beautiful, historic Victorian home. The owners Tony & Shellie, are as enjoyable as their antique-filled bed-and-breakfast and the English gardens that surround it. In addition to six comfortable rooms and free wireless internet access, The Claiborne House offers convenient parking and an ideal location for visiting surrounding sites.” pg 43