Area Music Events
Rocky Mount is the starting point for the The Crooked Road: Virginia’s Heritage Music Trail
USA Today Article Slideshow on The Crooked Road: AUDIO/PHOTO SLIDESHOW: See the sights and sounds of the Crooked Road and Discover the Road where the music began – The Crooked Road.
THE VIOLIN SINGS BUT THE FIDDLE DANCES
Harvester Performance Center will open in March with live music every other night. Walk to this exciting new venue downtown Rocky Mount!
MAKE MUSICAL MEMORIES HEADING WEST ON THE CROOKED ROAD – CLICK HERE FOR SAMPLE ITINERARY
Franklin County’s Crooked Road Weekly Calendar (which is posted in the Franklin News Post)
- Monday – 77 Restaurant is in Ferrum on Timberland Rd off Rt 40 West. Jam Session from 7-9pm. No admission charge.
- Tuesday – J&J Hall is on Rt 116 one mile off Rt 122 at Burnt Chimney. The Blue Spruce Band performs 7-830pm. Band featuring ‘sit-in musicians’ from 9-10pm. Admission $5 includes meal. Mixed musical styles.
- Thursday – Dairy Queen on Rt 40 West in Rocky Mount. Bands/Jam sessions perform from 9-10am. Other musicians welcome to participate. No Admission Charge. DQ has some great biscuits N gravy too! Sept to May.
- Thursday – Waidsboro Ruritan Club just off Rt 40 West on Ruritan Rd. Jam sessions first and third Thursdays from 7-930pm. No Admission Charge.
- Thursday – Dairy Queen on Rt 40 West in Rocky Mount has 30 minute jam sessions from 6 – 9pm on the 2nd & 4th Thurs of the month.
- Friday – J&J Hall is on Rt 116 one mile off Rt 122 at Burnt Chimney. The Blue Spruce Band performs 7-830pm. Band featuring ‘sit-in musicians’ from 9-10pm. Admission $5 includes meal.
- Friday – The Depot Rocky Mount’s Community & Hospitality Center is located on Franklin St (one block from The Claiborne House B&B). Footlights of the Blue Ridge is held once a month from 7-9pm. Admission charge is $5-7 by donation. Spring and summer months held at our Farmer’s Market. Just two blocks downtown from us. Keep an eye on our blog for updates!
- Friday – Crossroads Ruritan Club is off Rt 40 West, about five miles west of Ferrum on Dry Hill Road and is held 7:00pm the 2nd Friday of the month. No Admission Charge.
- Saturday - Redwood Community Club is on Rt 40 East at Redwood. Live country and bluegrass music and dancing every Saturday night (just 4 miles from The Claiborne House). We can give y’all directions!
*Note – this calendar is provided for your innformation, hours/days were correct at time of posting, please double check before attending. Harvester Performance Center opens next March here in Rocky Mount! Walk to live music from the inn.
Harvester Performance Center will be opening just down the street in the Spring of 2014!
For Crooked Road Getaway Packages click here
“JOE WILSON SLEPT HERE” Read the write up on The Claiborne House in “A Guide to the Crooked Road: Virginia’s Heritage Music Trail” by Joe Wilson:
“The Claiborne House is a beautiful, historic Victorian home. The owners Tony & Shellie, are as enjoyable as their antique-filled bed-and-breakfast and the English gardens that surround it. In addition to six comfortable rooms and free wireless internet access, The Claiborne House offers convenient parking and an ideal location for visiting surrounding sites.” pg 43