Blue Ridge Parkway
THE BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY – AMERICA’S FAVORITE DRIVE in THE BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAINS OF VIRGINIA
- Milepost 0 – Rockfish Gap leads north to Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park.
- Milepost 5-9.3 – Humpback Rocks features Appalachian culture sites, hiking, access to Sherando Lake to campground with swimming, fishing and picnicking. There’s also a gas station, gift shop, camp store and Visitors Center.
- Milepost 58-63.6 – Otter Creek and James River for Appalachian culture sites, hiking, campground, picnic area, hiking, fishing, restaurant and gift shop.
- Milepost 86 – Peaks of Otter features Appalachian culture sites, a Visitors Center, gas station, camp store, picnic area, campground, lodge, hiking and fishing. Shuttle bus to Sharp Top for a fee.
- Milepost 120 – Roanoke Mountain features Virginia’s Explore Park for Appalachian culture, campgrounds, picnic area and hiking. Roanoke is the largest city off the Parkway for The Claiborne House B&B, restaurants, gas stations, markets and museums.
- Milepost 154.5 – Smart View for picnics and hiking.
- Milepost 169 – Rocky Knob features a Visitors Center, gift shop, cabins, campground, picnic area, hiking and fishing.
- Milepost 176.1 – Mabry Mill features Appalachian culture, gift shop, restaurant and hiking.
- Milepost 210 – Blue Ridge Music Center for Appalachian culture and outdoor amphitheater with performances throughout the summer.
The Roanoke exit off the BRP is MP 121 to reach Highway 220, go South toward Rocky Mount. Smart View Recreation Area is MP 154.5 you can reach us going Five Mile Mountain Road toward Rocky Mount. Or take Shooting Creek Road into Ferrum to us which is MP 159.5